18 Aug 2016

To those who came into my life and never left.

I am reminded today of how much I have gone through, how much I have endured to get to where I am today. The amount of bullshit that I have put up with over the years... I cannot believe that I got through all of that (marginally) unscathed. I have been fortunate enough to have crossed paths with some unforgettable people who have helped me so much, whether it was driving me around when I didn't have any mode of transportation, or simply giving me advice when I didn't know I needed it most.

I survived my childhood and that was simply thanks to one of the most amazing women I know. I survived a horrid company that worked everyday to break me down and show me that I am not the person I have lived my life believing I was - this I can't say I did on my own, the key people know who they are and I'm better for knowing these people. I survived a break up that I was sure would break me for good but yet again thanks to people in my life at the time, I managed to beat my depression and realise that a bigger problem was at play.

Basically I'm saying don't let anyone tell you that there are no good people out there, they are, I am fortunate to call these people family whether blood related or by the mere fact that they will one day be my children's godparents. Never take these good people for granted because regardless of who they are and what they mean to you, taking a purely good person for granted, will determine your own success or failure.