18 May 2016

The Ability to Survive

I love it when people ask me if I'll be able to get by... Like, no but I'm just going to have to suck it up and do it won't I? I am a stronger person than most actually see, I protect my flame and inner strength until I absolutely need to let is shine through. It is only in difficult times or when I'm under pressure that people can see me for who I really am. I'm not that little kid you used to know, in fact I've grown into a strong, independent and resourceful woman.

Sure moving is going to be tough and yes there will be times when I won't want to get out of bed but what the hell else CAN I do? I have to get up every morning, I have to make sure I am fed, I have to make sure I can go to work because I need to stay alive; and if you think about it that is our main goal as humans isn't it? Staying alive and reproducing... I can't say I will reproduce any time soon but I do know that I will and I can survive... Hell I've gotten by before and I can do it again. 

The reason I can't stand it when someone says that they are incapable of doing something that they realistically have ingrained in them from birth, is because I have seen people in cushy lives and comfortable positions lose it all and have to work from scratch to get back up there. Material things mean absolutely nothing and in a world where people find it ok to test the resilience of animals and to steal from the person they claimed to be so in love with for a year, all you need is yourself and all you need to do is keep yourself afloat. There is no survival guide and unfortunately it's going to be a little like when it's so dark and your eyes haven't adjusted so you just feel around and hope to hell you don't trip and fall on your face... even so you get back up and try again. 

I'm not unrealistic and I know many people have their hardships and their load to carry and yes it is tough but if 17 others can do it, so can you, and so can I... The funny thing about this whole situation is, I can't even blame myself this time, because that's my fall back - if I can't blame anyone else, I blame me and I call myself all sorts of silly things like 'naĆ­ve' or 'stupid' or I berate myself for doing this to me and how could I. This is sort of cool actually, all of the stress with none of the blame on my family or me...  

Anyway, I do think I've left enough sarcasm here today to cover my quota for a year so I suppose I should continue to work and see how that turns out for me.